John “Tinker” Connelly Baseball Fund
Formerly the Friedman Diamond Baseball Pavilion Project, the John “Tinker” Connelly Baseball Fund supports the construction of and provides ongoing maintenance and improvements to the John “Tinker” Connelly Pavilion and the Friedman Diamond.
The John “Tinker” Connelly Pavilion has helped the Friedman Diamond ascend the ranks to become one of New England’s finest collegiate ballparks. Capable of accommodating more than 400 people, the new pavilion provides a state-of-the-art press box and permanent seating behind home plate that create a premier game-day atmosphere.
A head coach at Northeastern for more than 25 years between 1956 and 1981, John “Tinker” Connelly led the Huskies to their first and only College World Series appearance in 1966. Captain of the 1952 NU baseball team, Connelly was inducted into the Northeastern Hall of Fame in 1975, nine years before being inducted into the College Baseball Hall of Fame in 1984.